Coffin Os Information
Coffin introduces a new package management engine called “IPM” (stands for Idiotic Package Manager). When configured with correct repository, it allows you to download and updates games, applications, videos, etc. from the coffin distribution.
It also all From CLI, type “ipm help” to get a full list of availables commands
Coffin introduces a new functionnality called Maintenance Mode. It’s a lightweight bootable partition which allows user to do several maintenance tasks as :
– Backup your system partition
– Backup your personal settings
– Restore last previous backup
– Apply a system distribution upgrade
Maintenance Mode can be accessed through 3 ways :
1) In menu, under “Power > Reboot > Maintenance mode”.
2) From IPM “upgrade” command.
3) Through good old Early-Startup and booting from DH2 Note: booting to Maintenance Mode changes partitions boot priorities. Be sure to use offered “Exit maintenance mode” command to correctly exit this mode. An user resetting the Amiga will not reset them correctly.
Backup & Restore tool
Coffin has a Backup&Restore tool that will backup all your personnal settings and all files included in “DH1:My Files”. This tool is useful when upgrading to a new coffin version without losing all your settings.
1) Roadshow has been proven to be the fastest Amiga TCP/IP stack on 68k and fully DHCP compliant and is fully licenced included
2) MUI 3.8 is still available as commercial product and can be bought. Throw your MUI.key to S: and enjoy.